Kusadasi Kusadasi is a resort town in the province of Aydin on the Aegean coast of Turkey, 90 km (56 mi) south of Izmir, and 71 km (44 mi) from the inland provincial capital of Aydin.
Kusadasi is near the ancient city of Ephesus and to other places of interest including Miletos, Didim and Pamukkale, and a short distance across from Kusadasi lies the island of Samos.
Places of interest:
1. The city walls - Only one of the three gates still remains.
2. Kaleiçi Camii - mosque built in 1618 for Grand Vizier Öküz Kara Mehmed Pasha.
3. Öküz Mehmet Pasha caravanserai. Near the docks, built in 1618 as a strong-room for the goods of seamen.
4. Guvercin Ada - the peninsula at the end of the bay, has a castle and swimming beaches, including a private beach and cafe with a view back across the bay to the harbour of Kusadasi. There are public beaches at the back of the peninsula, on the open sea side.
5. Kirazli Village - traditional Turkish koy 12km from Kusadasi reached by scenic drive over gorge. Well visited by Turkish citizens looking for a return to nature and enjoy the cool breezes during the hot summer months and amazing views.
6. Yilanci Burnu - a second peninsula beyond Güvercin Ada. Possibly the location of the original settlement of Neopolis. Some walls are visible. There are more beaches and beach clubs here.
7. Pygale - 3km north, the small point behind Hotel Pigale. Once refuge of Agamemnon. Still to be excavated.
8. Also several aqua-parks with wave-pools, white-water slides are located near the town: the largest are NBGS International's Aqua Fantasy, along with Adaland and Aqua Land.
9. Ladies Beach - near the town, next to the Imbat Hotel, named because it was once segregated for female bathers. Now open to all and quite busy.
10. Kadikalesi - Venetian/Byzantine castle, 10km along the Kusadasi-Davutlar road,
11. Panionium - 25 km (16 mi) south of Kusadasi, on the Davutlar-Güzelçamli road. Once the central meeting place of the Ionian League. The ruins are in poor condition and their authenticity is disputed. (See Panionium).
12. Dilek Peninsula National Park. South of Kusadasi, begins at the town of Güzelçamli. Lovely bays and beautiful beaches, including the bay of Kalamaki. A day trip by boat from Güzelçamli is a good way to visit them, or there are minibuses from Kusadasi.